Dear Queenies Community,
Below is a list of points about the 2018 Athletics carnivals.
- Commences Week 9 on Tuesdays, starting 11 September (field events- Yr 3-6 only) and Fridays (running events – PP-6) both at 8.20am on the Annexe oval.
- Each student who comes along to training earns points for their faction towards the ‘Bonus Points Shield’.
- Tuesday 23 October from 9.15am @ Langford Oval (Wingrove Ave, Langford) for all students in Years 3 – 6.
- Events include sprints, 200m, 400m, long jump, shot put, turbojav and novelty events
- Trials for these events take place at school prior to the carnival during P.E./Sport lessons.
- The top 8 boys and top 8 girls in each year compete in shot put, long jump and turbojav.
- All students participate in a sprint, vortex and team turbojav.
- All students compete in 200m races.
- Students can nominate themselves for the 400m races on the day.
- All competitors participate in the tug-o-war and ‘Lifesaver Relay’.
- A detailed programme with bus permission will be available soon.
- Thursday 25 October @ Queenies for PP – 2 (9.30 – 11.30am) and Yr 3 –6 (12.30 – 3pm).
- Events include 4 novelty events, sprints (50m for PP-2, 70m for 3-6), and shuttle relays.
- There will be Kindy and toddler races in the morning session.
- There will also be opportunities for parent involvement.
- A detailed programme will be available soon.
Champion events for year level champion and runner up medal winners are:
- Yr 3- Cross country, long jump, turbojav, 200m, 400m, sprint (A division only).
- Yr 4-6 – Cross country, long jump, turbojav, 200m, 400m, sprint (A division), shot put.
Physical Education Teacher.