Below is a list of points about the 2017 Athletics carnivals. Students and parents can read these details to be informed about the events.
- Commences Week 9 on Tuesdays (field events- Yr 3-6 only) and Fridays (running events – PP-6) all at 8.20am on the Annexe oval.
- Each student who comes along to training earns points for their faction towards the ‘Bonus Points Shield’.
- Thursday 12 October from 9.15am @ Langford Oval (Wingrove Ave, Langford) for all years 3 – 6.
- Events include sprints, 200m, 400m, long jump, shot put, turbojav and novelty events
- Trials for these events take place at school prior to the carnival during P.E./Sport lessons.
- The top 8 boys and top 8 girls in each year compete in shot put, long jump and turbojav.
- All students participate in a sprint, vortex and team turbojav.
- All students compete in 200m races.
- Students can nominate for the 400m races on the day.
- All competitors participate in the tug-o-war and ‘Lifesaver Relay’.
- A programme with bus permission will be available later this term.
- Friday 20 October @ Queenies for PP – 2 (9.30 – 11.30am) and Yr 3 –6 (12.30 – 3pm).
- Events include 4 novelty events, sprints (50m for PP-2, 70m for 3-6), and shuttle relays.
- There will be Kindy and toddler races in the morning session.
- There will also be races and activities for parent involvement!
- A detailed programme will be available later this term.
Champion events for year level champion and runner up medal winners are:
- Yr 3- Cross country, long jump, turbojav, 200m, 400m, sprint (A division only).
- Yr 4-6 – Cross country, long jump, turbojav, 200m, 400m, sprint (A division), shot put.