Swimming Carnival for Yrs 3-6, Friday 10 March, 2017.
- Riverton Leisureplex (diagonally opposite Riverton Forum Shopping Centre)
- This is an all day event for Yrs 4-6 (15am – 2.30pm).
- The Year 3 students will leave the venue at 12.15pm.
- A programme with details and times of events will follow. The Year 3 students will participate in short races and team relays in the shallow end with adult help in the water. No swimming proficiency for Year 3 is required. The programme will outline the specific activities.
- Please ensure that your child arrives to school in their bathers (sport shorts over the top) and faction shirts, along with appropriate footwear, hat and a towel. Please have all items labelled.
- Children need to bring their Recess and a packed lunch as well as a water bottle. The kiosk will be out of bounds to students.
- Years 4-6 will return to school after the carnival (arrive back at school by 2.50pm).
- All parents and friends are welcome to spectate. An entry fee into the venue will apply. Please note that the faction bays are for students only. This allows our teachers better control and organization of the students.
- The children will be travelling by bus to and from the pool. Please fill in the permission slip below.
- We require some adults to stand in the water to help out with the novelty games and 25m races. The class teachers will organise and supervise the children, but some help in the water (50m pool) would be appreciated. We also require 4 place judges for the swimming races. We use an iPad to help judge the finishes. Please fill in the relevant permission slips below and return them to your child’s class teacher. Parents are also encouraged to bring their bathers and join in our novelty events!